The scope of a new wind farm project off the coast of Jones Beach has tripled in just three months – and drawn interest from the Long Island Power Authority.
Winergy Power, a Hauppauge wind-energy startup, this week submitted a new proposal to a state power agency seeking to place a 940-megawatt wind farm in the South Shore waters – a plan that would place between 190 and 260 giant turbines across miles of ocean. (The number of turbines would be dictated by the output of turbine technology at the time the project starts in 2012, Winergy said.)
- Tell LIPA by 9/25/07, we need Offshore Wind
- LI Offshore Wind Resurrected?
- Why LI Offshore Wind failed
- LIPA Breaks Wind
- Why Bellone is full of hot air on LI Offshore Wind
- Babylon Green Party: Long Island Offshore Windmills 1/3/07