Green Party certified as ballot qualified Party in NY

The Green Party was officially certified Monday December 14 by the NYS Board of Elections as the newest ballot qualified party, with the  Gubernatorial ticket receiving 59,928 votes. 50,000 votes for Governor is needed to qualify a party. The Greens received 49,201 votes outside of NYC. Key issues for the Green Party in 2011 will […]

Green Party Presidential Candidate in Colombia: Election Results

Green Party candidate Anatanas Mockus received 21.5% of the vote in the election for President of Colombia yesterday, May 30, 2010. Mockus will be in a run-off election on June 20, 2010.

ML: An open blogpost to the president-elect

Dear Mr. President-Elect, You just closed your victory speech by referencing a 106 year-old Georgian woman and all the change she saw (and presumably, this year, voted for) in that time.  You asked what the world will look like for your daughters (those pretty girls Kimberly is so fond of) should they live to see the next […]

National vote totals for McKinney and third party candidates

There may still be more votes (especially for minor party candidates) as the automatic recanvasses happen at Boards of Elections all over the country. Though, for now, here are more updated numbers. Found this at Barack Obama, Dem 52.34% 62,748,399 John McCain, GOP 46.38% 55,596,984 Ralph Nader, EPF 0.54% 645,158 Bob Barr, Ind 0.40% […]

NY’s a 1 party state state in a 1 party nation

Newsday reports that the Dems have taken the State Senate in NY adding to their control of the Assembly and Governor’s mansion. I know of one chair of a kind-of third party who always felt the sort-of tension between the Dems and Reps in NYS politics protected the 3rd parties from ballot access laws from […]

Comparing Green Party and Green-ish Presidential Figures

So, due to the sheer luck of which counties publish their election resuls, and how thoroughly, I can come up with the following comparisons to put Green Party votes in perspective. First of all, in 2008, Cynthia McKinney received 825 votes in Suffolk County. That is .13% of the vote. (Totals may increase on this […]

ML: Can we lobby Foley/ a D State Senate?

The Foley victory makes the State Senate a spilt in NY (have they won outright control?),  and I am reminded of a campaign call I received a couple of weeks ago from Foley’s campaign coordinator–who told me to send his well-wishes to Roger Snyder, whom he said he knows well.  In the brief and cordial […]

Nassau County Election Results

Update for 2010 School District Election Votes: here. Update for November, 2009: Unofficial elections results should be posted here after the polls close at 9pm EST.

Suffolk County Election Results

Update November 2011: Suffolk County General Election Results at The Suffolk BOE: here. ________________________________________ Update Sept 2011: Suffolk County Primary Results at LI Politics: here Update: 2010 Suffolk County Results: here (2010 November Elections) Update: 2010 Suffolk County Primary Results: here. Update for 2010 School Board Election Results: here. Update for 2009: If you would […]

KW: Congressional Races in Suffolk

Absolutely no excitement. The young kid trying to upset King lost. (I was frustrated that he would not take an anti-Afhganistan War position, anyway. Steve Israel got sixty something to thirty something over his opponent. And, Zeldin (who was very conservative, and anti-immigrant, and had a picture of himself with a gun on his candidate […]

Night Owl Coverage of Green Election: Greens for Greens

I am not making any promises, but our friend Roger Snyder – the Chair of the Green Party of Suffolk – is a bit of a night owl. And, he is blogging on a new system. I think he may stay up later than us. (Am I still awake? What am I thinking?) So, if […]

Obama’s President: Next!

KW: Ian really, really, really wants me to take down the mushy picture of the Obama’s. But, I can’t help it. Those children are adorable, and I have resisted this whole, vigilant, Green Party campaign from celebrating the good parts of the Obama phenomenom. So,  ;)~  to Ian. (And, everyone else who will complain or […]

New York State Senate: Foley upsets Trunzo

from the Suffolk County Board of Elections State Senator, 3rd Senatorial District (Elect 1) As of 11/4/08 11:13 PM 203 Election Districts reported out of 203 100.00% 107,534 Votes cast out of 171,935 62.54% Candidate Party Votes Share FOLEY, BRIAN X Democratic 57,909 53.85% Working Families 5,145 4.78% Total 63,054 58.64% TRUNZO, CAESAR Republican 36,056 […]

CNN and Yahoo report: Barack Obama wins the Presidency

Update: Inauguration Day, Jan. 20, 2009. Go to our home page for live blogging with regular updates. You can watch the Inauguration events live at C-Cpan: here. KW: Looks like that’s it. The United States of America has an African-American President. (Which is really nice, and a step forward. Though, he is still a corporate […]